Sunday

Why did I become an administrator?

This was a question that appeared on a web-based recruitment system that I recently was filling out.
The question gave me pause to think back. Here is what I said:
I became an administrator because I felt I could continue to impact student learning, but in a broader context. First and foremost, as an educator my priority is working with students and supporting their learning. As a teacher, I realized that in order to have a sustainable impact on student learning, I needed to foster relationships with parents, administrators, and other teachers, something that is key for a leader. This realization led me down the path toward administration.
Of course, there is so much more that went into this decision, one that bubbled within me for a number of years and was influenced by some really awesome leaders. However, when I read again what I wrote, it makes me wonder why other administrators went down this path as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment